Since the use of 2.5G, GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) has been used as a communications protocol through mobile networks and it is still used in 4G/LTE and 5G non-standalone architectures.
Like other signaling protocols, GTP can also be attacked by some of the scenarios outlined in GSMA FS.20. Some attack scenarios can be mentioned as:
- Scanning – network discovery (collect information of HPLMN nodes or IMSI/TEID subscribers as precursor of attacks)
- IMSI retrieval (location tracking, address of tunnel IP addresses, Crypto keys)
- Denial of service (block all subscribers on PGW or target specific ones by brute forcing TEIDs)
- Fraud (tunnel hijacking of active subscribers with their allocated traffic, IMSI stealing, or using the unauthorized APN)
Mobileum GTP firewall provides security and scalability while protecting the mobile core against GTP-based threats. Mobileum GTP firewall is not only able to perform stateless checks but also stateful checks which gives CSPs a wider spectrum of security while performing cross-protocol validations.
The main advantages of Mobileum GTP firewall
A GTP firewall provides security and scalability while protecting the mobile core against GTP-based threats through GTP interfaces. Mobileum’s GTP firewall has the following features.
- Analyze Machine Learning to detect new threats and outliers.
- Protect cross-protocol which associates Diameter messages with other protocols.
- Implement the basic GSMA FS.20 Category 1,2 and 3, plus advanced Mobileum proprietary protection.
- Huge scalability.
- Support for GTP v0, v1 and v2.
- Monitor S8 and Gp interfaces.
- Flexible configuration, with powerful options depending on the source, messages, and consistency between layers.
- With future proof, Mobileum is a contributor for FS.11, FS.19, FS.20, FS.37. It drafts the threats and minimize attack GTP-U.
“I can only say one thing "OUR SERVICE IS EXCELLENT". I suggest you to be as you are today "JUST CONTINUE". Thank you for your support and dedication to make our business a successful story. We look forward to a long term business relation.”
"COMIT has been VNPT's trusted partner in providing telecom test & measurement solutions in Vietnam for many years. We wish to continue getting your devoted support in order to enhance VNPT's telecom network quality in the coming time."
"Our vision is customer satisfaction with service excellence and we are thankful to "COMIT" for their contribution, dedication towards achieving our vision and look forward to your long-term and continuous support as a responsive and responsible partner, with good overall deliverables and quality output."
"It was appreciated that your team provided to ZTE good performance during the lastime. Without your excelleent job, ZTE couldn't achieve the target for the first important milestone. We hope COMIT can keep your professionalism and high efficient work and can always support us to achieve more milestones in futures."